Friday, February 11, 2011

Library Paranoia: Episode One

So I'm at the library, and I'm paranoid because:

(a. I keep thinking that someone is reading this over my shoulder, and this makes me feel paranoid because
     1. I HATE IT when people read, look, stare, glance, or otherwise use their eyes any which way that goes over my shoulder (which, by the way, are 7 inches wide, which is HALF of the width of Dwight Howard's shoulders, just saying).
     2. I'm concerned about what starting a blog post about sitting in a library while sitting in a library will do to my street cred (that I have today because I'm wearing my black Vans).
     3. I don't really know where this blog is going.
(b. I'm not used to having people sitting next to and behind me, and have a large, unmovable table in front of me. There is no clear escape path.
(c. This paranoia and this list is proving to me, more than ever, that I have a personal bubble issue (as well as all the other issues that have been mentioned in previous blog posts).

And I understand that this is a cultural thing. Americans in general are super weird about standing or sitting too close to strangers. We hastily apologize if we even come close to violating the 2 inch bubble of air lava that surrounds everyone.

I understand this because I'm guilty of it.

Which is really the most personal way to understand something.

And even though I wrote all this out and it looks ridiculous on the screen, I keep stealing glances at the people next to me to make sure they're not judging me as a total library/writing dweeb. Even though they probably figured that out when I typed in my library card number from memory.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jazmin,
    I love your blog! I am sorry that I don't comment more, because comments are the best part right? Now I will follow your blog so I can be sure to stay updated.
    Love,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete