Thursday, September 2, 2010

North wind: you can stuff it.

A friend once told me: "I feel like you're never in one place at once, like you're never just there. You're always on your way to somewhere else."

And, at that time, it was true.

I've always been bad at staying in one place, at sitting still, at putting down roots. I don't get too attached to a group or any single person and I don't show up 100% of the time.

I float, I meander, I wander, I go on adventures.

But I don't stay.

Because to stay means to commit. It means being content and it means deciding that there is no where else you would rather be.

And sometimes, it means accepting that you're in the right place. And that you need to hang out there for a while.

And I think maybe, just maybe, that's what I need to do.


(By the way, the title of this blog is a reference to Chocolat, one of my favorite films. If you get it, I love you.)

1 comment:

  1. 是我同意我认为这是一件非常好事。 我认为您真正地是某事。

    ReplyDelete