Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Thoughts: ready set go.

I'm tired of getting the "You don't update your blog!" often enough crap, so I'm posting this.

The end.
....
........
...
...



....
...
..

.
.....
..

Just kidding, I'm not really that much of a jerk. Most of the time.

So, some thoughts.

I bought a red t shirt today, almost exclusively so that I can wear it with my black skirt and say "GO BLAZERS!" while winking on game days.

I wore flip flops in the rain today, and it made me feel more like a real Oregonian.

I also cleaned out my car.

I made a batch of homemade, from scratch, straight up brownies before 8am. And then I put on a skirt and flats and went to breakfast with two of my closest friends.

And I keep thinking: I don't deserve to have it this good. Really, I don't. But all I can do is try to live as gratefully as I possibly can.

So lately, as I'm sure you've noticed, I've been writing more and more about myself, which is rather odd. It's odd because I went probably 15 years without talking about myself much at all, because I'd decided that letting people get to know you is scary, so I just let people think what they wanted. Now I can't shut up about myself, which is probably a bad thing.

But that's what blogs are for, right?

And it's also odd because I've been told several times lately that I'm mysterious, hard to understand - an enigma.

The only way I can respond to that is to say that I'm good at answering questions. If there's something you want to know, you have to ask. I can't read minds (yet). So if you're ever with me, or stalking my Facebook profile *cough*MATHLETES*cough* and you think to yourself: "Man, Jazmin doesn't make any sense at all. I wonder ______?" just ask the question.

Or else I'll be left writing these lengthy, rambling, slightly narcissistic blogs.

And if you thought that was the closing statement, you were wrong!

I'm very opinionated, but I don't expect or even WANT everyone to agree with me. As long as someone has reasons for their opinion, I'm okay with people thinking differently than I do. All I want is for people to THINK.

I'm on a biographical/non-fiction/indie book and film kick lately. I like things that tell real stories, that mean something.


And I have too short of an attention span to ramble any longer. I'll be posting more often, I promise. I also promise that they won't all be this pointless.

No comments:

Post a Comment