Thursday, August 26, 2010

There's something to be said for speaking.

Live the story you want to tell later. 


Say what you need to say. 


Don't have regrets. 

!(@#@*&!@$(*#@$&@#$ ! Sorry, but I have trouble spitting out clichés like that without flinching (I guess flinching in this case means hitting random keys to create a colorful-looking string of characters).

What really gets me, though, is that they are true, and maybe even meaningful.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of you already know that my grandma passed away in April, after beating cancer for over two years (my wording on that will be explained later).

The last time I saw her was on a Wednesday, two days before she died. The last thing I did as I was walking out the door was turn around. And the last thing I said to her was "I love you grandma, I'll see you later!"

If that moment can be labeled as the "ending" of my time with her, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect, more beautiful finale. I didn't deserve it. But I got it, and I'll be grateful for the rest of my life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are very few things as rewarding in life as taking the time to make sure people know you love them. Whether it takes an extra moment to make eye contact, a gentle, honest word, or a hug -  do it. You will never regret it.

2 comments: