Saturday, November 27, 2010

You know it's the holiday season when a Folgers commercial makes you tear up.

And my English professor would throw a fit if she read that title. If I cared at all about being grammatically correct,  it should read: "I know it's the holiday season when a Folgers commercial makes me tear up."

Because we all know that I'm talking about myself.

It's not that love coffee so much (I don't even think Folgers COUNTS as coffee), I'm just a sentimental sucker.

I've been like that a lot lately, stuck in that mind-numbing state  of "AWWWW!" that leaves you (me) with a diminished IQ and glossy eyes.

Examples:
  • Watching the sweetest little old lady go out of her way, and then fight, to buy her friend his coffee.
  • Little kids with their dads. Doing anything. 
  • This article about Joel Przybilla (for the Portland Trailblazers) coming back to play tomorrow after multiple knee injuries.
  • Sitting at your favorite coffee shop with two of your favorite people, and having them reaffirm everything you've ever doubted in yourself (Sar and Kait - thanks for saving me).
  • Notes. 
  • Old (as in 70, 80 years old) couples wearing matching outfits. 
But you know, right now it's a heck of a lot easier to make a list of things that DON'T make me cry.
  • Any song that refers to a female as "girl." As in "ohhhhh girl, I wanna be loooovin' you girl, girl you so good to me! what would I do wichout you girl!!" 
  • This music video. If there was ever a foolproof way to get a girl to seriously consider celibacy, this is it. I mean really, when you put that many bottle-blonde guys into one room and hand them musical instruments, it's just asking women everywhere to flock to the nearest convent.
  • The song "Speak Now" by Taylor Swift. If he wanted to marry you, he would. But he's marrying someone else, so he doesn't. Deal. 
  • Watching a couple walk up to the register, order, and say they're together... then the girl pulls out her wallet. Really right now?! Man up and buy your own sugar high! 
  • Nicholas Sparks books. I personally don't think this even needs a commentary, they're that ridiculous. 
  • Long, self-absorbed lists. Wait....

    1 comment:

    1. Jazmin (: i love you, you make me laugh (:

      <3- Kate Campbell.

      ReplyDelete