Thursday, February 23, 2012

Of course I would create a library metaphor

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. - Douglas Adams
I believe that whenever you end up anywhere you have a story to tell about how you got there.

And I believe in sharing your story.

Today I was really struck by the beauty that can be found in that, even if it's just small moments and chapters that are shared. Because when you've made the journey and your story is bound, there isn't anything worse than locking it up and pretending like those footsteps never happened. Your memories should be like a library, ready to share and be made new in someone else's eyes. A journey made is wisdom gained, you can't pull the difficult books off of the shelf just because the covers are worn.

And that is as far as I will even attempt to push that metaphor, it stops well before past due fines and the Dewey decimal system.

I feel a little bit like a fortune cookie, but I'm serious: Take every good opportunity to kindly, wisely, and meaningfully share the moments and the chapters of your story.

1 comment:

  1. Dewey. Haha

    I think that your metaphor rings true, even if it is a bit cheesy.
    But you're right, a journey made is wisdom gained -- when shared.

    Let me know if you want to "check me out."
    Lolzzz.

    ReplyDelete